Saturday, December 01, 2012

Fall Recipe Collection

Fall has already gone and I thought it would be great to make a small collection with brief summaries of my favourite fall recipes. It wasn't easy to choose just a few but these recipes surprised me the most and they are definitely the keepers which I will be making again and again in the future, I'm sure.


So, the first in the list is Ricotta Gnocchi with Browned Butter Garlic Basil Sauce recipe. I was amazed by the flavours of this dish. The gnocchi were soft, pillowy and crunchy outside. The brown butter sauce made the whole dish divine! 



The second is  Apple Cake. I chose this because it's probably the easiest dessert I've ever made and still so incredibly delicious. I love this because it's also different. There are more apples in this cake than batter. This makes the cake taste very light and somehow reminds me a little bit of a pudding. It is definitely a perfect fall dessert - it's cheap, easy to make and tasty.


A Pumpkin Cake! Oh my Lord, this is a wonderful cake! I never thought I could love a spicy cake so much. But believe me, this could be called a Pumpkin Fall Cake. It's infused with all the best fall flavours. This will be a tradition to make this cake every year, for sure.
Next is Creamy Lemon Crumb Squares recipe. These bars are so perfect. A buttery base, creamy in the middle with a crunchy top.

And finally, how can a fall dessert list be without a Pumpkin pie? This is easy to make, not too sweet or spicy. If you haven't found your favourite pumpkin pie recipe, I encourage you to try this. It might become your favourite.






That's it! I hope you like my favourite recipes. If you do, then check out other recipes or look in the gallery and find your favourite dishes.
P.S. Happy winter! Hopefully we'll have some snow before Christmas. It's time to start planning the Christmas must-bake dessert list! Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...